Job descriptionCompany Description
Pilot Flying J is the 10th largest privately held company in North America with more than 28,000 team members. As the industry-leading network of travel centers, we have more than 950 retail and fueling locations in 44 states and six Canadian provinces. Our energy and logistics division is a top supplier of fuel, employing one of the largest tanker fleets and providing critical services to oil operations in our nation's busiest basins. Pilot Company supports a growing portfolio of brands with expertise in supply chain and retail operations, logistics and transportation, technology and digital innovation, construction, maintenance, human resources, finance, sales and marketing.
Founded in 1958, we are proud to be family owned and consider our team members to be part of the family. Our founding values, people-first culture and commitment to giving back remains true to us today. Whether we are serving guests, a fellow team member, or a trucking company, we are dedicated fueling people and keeping North America moving.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Pilot Flying J is part of the Pilot Company family of brands that keeps North America's drivers moving, including E-Z Trip, Mr. Fuel, One9 Fuel Stop, Pride, StaMart and Xpress Fuel.
Operates and maintains equipment at stationary CNG stations, customer locations and mobile virtual pipeline trailers. Fills trailers as needed and performs preventative maintenance/work in the field and at stations. Responds to services calls and troubleshoots issues and repairs equipment, as required.
In this role you will:
- Performs maintenance on hydraulic, mechanical, and electrical equipment installed at CNG stations, as well as VPL equipment.
- Responsible for daily oversight of the equipment in assigned locations and service areas.
- Monitor equipment and work with Operations Manager on daily assignments to ensure repairs are completed in a timely manner and customer expectations are met and/or exceeded.
- Responsible for ordering supplies and parts, as needed, in compliance with company guidelines and purchasing policies.
- Responsible for responding to service calls, as required.
- High School diploma or equivalent required
- Mechanical or Electrical technical school preferred
- Military Service record in similar field of experience will be considered
- Valid driver’s license with clean driving record required
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience working in CNG locations/stations required
- Minimum of 4 years of experience maintaining basic mechanical or electrical systems, required
- Proof of CNG or Mechanical/Electrical credentials required
- Knowledge of Electrical mechanics and experience, preferred
- Experience working in the energy industry, a plus
- Working knowledge of Hazmat and OSHA regulations (proof of valid certificates preferred)
- Strong mechanical background and demonstrated experience performing preventative maintenance in previous work required
- Intermediate Microsoft Office Suite experience, required
Travel: required up 75%
Nation-wide Medical Plan/Dental/Vision
- 401(k) Flexible Spending Accounts
- Adoption Assistance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Weekly Pay