Statistical Programmer II
Come discover what our 25,000+ employees already know: work here matters everywhere. We’re a growing and evolving biopharmaceutical industry leader, which means you’ll have endless opportunities to work with experts around the world and build the career you’ve dreamed of.
As a part of the Syneos Health team, you’ll help us deliver results for a rewarding reason – we improve patients’ lives around the world. Because to us, a patient isn’t just a number, they’re our family, friends, and neighbors.
The Statistical Programmer II will be home-based in the United States or Canada.Why Syneos Health
- #SyneosHealthLife means we’re committed to our Total Self culture – where everyone can authentically be themselves. Our Total Self culture is what unites us globally, and we know every person’s unique contributions make a difference.
- We believe our success is a direct result of the people who are driving it – you! We value your dedication to care for our customers and patients, so we want to focus on taking care of you. That’s why we offer a comprehensive benefits program encompassing your total health - physical, mental and financial.
- We are continuously building the company we all want to work for and our customers want to work with. Why? Because when we bring together diversity of thoughts, backgrounds, cultures, and perspectives – we’re able to create a place where everyone feels like they belong.
- Uses SAS or other software to generate summary tables, data listings, graphs and derived datasets as specified in the statistical analysis plan and programming specifications.
- Works to ensure that outputs meet quality standards and project requirements.
- Performs validation programming and works with other Statistical Programmers, Biostatisticians, and other project team members to resolve discrepancies or any findings.
- Keeps project team members informed of programming progress and issues requiring their attention.
- Follows applicable SOPs, WIs, and relevant regulatory guidelines (e.g. ICH).
- Maintains well organized, complete, and up-to-date project documentation, and verification/quality control documents and programs ensuring inspection readiness.
- Manages scheduling and time constraints across multiple projects, sets goals based on priorities from management, and adapts to timeline or priority changes by reorganizing daily workload.
- May develop specifications for datasets and outputs according to statistical and Sponsor requirements. Anticipates and addresses potential programming issues, reflects forethought, establishes the basis for efficient programming, accurately defines all variables to be accepted by peer review and sponsor/requestor with little rework.
- Prepares in advance for internal meetings, contributes ideas, and demonstrates respect for opinions of others.
- Displays willingness to work with others and assist with projects and initiatives as necessary to meet the needs of the business.
- Completes project programming activities within timeframe allotted by Lead Statistical Programmer and/or management.
- May act as the Lead Statistical Programmer, directs the programming activities of other programming personnel and monitors progress on programming deliverables.
- Assists with the transfer of deliverables.
- Performs other work-related duties as assigned.
- Minimal travel may be required.
QualificationsWhat we’re looking for
- Undergraduate Degree, preferably in a scientific or statistical discipline; In lieu of degree, an equivalent combination of education and demonstrated programming experience.
- Proficiency in programming in SAS or other required software, preferably in a clinical trial environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to read, write, speak, and understand English.
Get to know Syneos Health
We are the only full-service biopharmaceutical solutions company in the world. That means we bring together the best clinical and commercial minds to create a better, smarter, faster way to get medicines into the hands of patients who need it most. Learn more about Syneos Health.
Tasks, duties, and responsibilities as listed in this job description are not exhaustive. The Company, at its sole discretion and with no prior notice, may assign other tasks, duties, and job responsibilities. Equivalent experience, skills, and/or education will also be considered so qualifications of incumbents may differ from those listed in the Job Description. The Company, at its sole discretion, will determine what constitutes as equivalent to the qualifications described above. Further, nothing contained herein should be construed to create an employment contract. Occasionally, required skills/experiences for jobs are expressed in brief terms. Any language contained herein is intended to fully comply with all obligations imposed by the legislation of each country in which it operates, including the implementation of the EU Equality Directive, in relation to the recruitment and employment of its employees. The Company is committed to compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, including the provision of reasonable accommodations, when appropriate, to assist employees or applicants to perform the essential functions of the job.