The Financial & Strategic Analyst will join the Finance team and be responsible for supporting Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A) activities, including preparing materials for presentations to senior leaders and other stakeholders.
POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES / ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Support Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A) activities.
- Maintain and improve detailed financial models for each department that track and analyse functional costs and their impact on the company's overall performance.
- Effectively communicate the findings, value, and impact of various financial and strategic analysis to management.
- Develop and improve reporting and forecasting systems and tools on an on-going basis.
- Provide data analysis rigor to support planning and execution of strategic plans, financial planning, market surveillance and M&A activity.
- Conduct research on market trends, competitive landscape, reimbursement, and other indicators of business viability.
- Develop deep knowledge of competitive products and industry players to support analysis.
- Conduct financial market research to support financing plans.
- Prepare materials for presentations to senior leaders and other stakeholders.
- Take on additional responsibilities as identified by the leadership team of Mainstay Medical.
- Undergraduate degree in relevant discipline and a demonstrated track record of academic and professional success.
- 1+ years work experience in similar analytical role, ideally finance, consulting, or strategy.
- Highly energetic self-starter, driven to succeed, with a strong sense of urgency.
- Exceptionally detail-oriented, adaptable, and able to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Display high proficiency working with complex analytical and research problems.
- Demonstrated success in financial modeling and analyzing and synthesizing data, and communicating accurate, logical, and actionable conclusions.
- Excellent communication (written/verbal) and presentation skills.
- Startup mentality: “Hands-on” and “Roll-up your sleeves” entrepreneurial personality.
- Desire to be part of a fast-paced, highly collaborative team, where all strive to win together.
- Familiarity with life sciences desired.
- Teamwork – ability to work with all functions within an organization.
- Integrity – handle confidential information in an effective manner.
- Innovation – able to switch gears when the business requires it.
- Leadership – ability to lead by example. Establish credibility within the organization and lead others when warranted.