Advanced Systems Design is seeking a Systems Analyst for our client located in Tallahassee, FL.
Sorry, remote work will not be considered or negotiated for this position.
The Systems Analyst will have technical knowledge and experience in programming the J2EE/JAVA, JBOSS application server, JSF, and MS SQL Server and ORACLE database environments. The Systems Analyst is considered an expert in all phases of system development and must have an understanding of business, business insight, and a broad understanding of multiple business areas. The Systems Analyst will be responsible for technical research of current industry trends, emerging technologies, system integration, and configuration for meeting the functional and non-functional requirements. The Systems Analyst will be responsible for stakeholder management with the project sponsor, business and IT project managers, technical architects, development and validation teams, implementation analysts, subject matter experts, IT Senior leadership, and project management offices in order to address various issues, resolve queries, communicate project status, milestones, delays, challenges, risks, and risk mitigation plans.
Systems analyst responsibilities include but may not be limited to the following:
- Gather and analyze business requirements and prepare functional requirements, design documentation, and technical specification documents to develop systems.
- Providing a structured, detailed analysis of business processes, requirements, and documentation
- Functions as a technical consultant or researcher.
- Technical research and evaluation of technologies, tools, databases, methods, etc.
- Analysis of detailed requirements and documentation
- Programming and implementing solutions for business requirements
- Contributor to project planning, organization, implementation
- Contributor to activity definition, activity sequencing, activity resource estimating, activity duration estimating, WBS development
- Contributor to risk identification, tracking, analysis
- Contributor to issue management and tracking
- Communications management
- Effective communication among project stakeholders,
- Coordinate activities with staff required to support the project
- Aids staff in the preparation of procurement documents and evaluation of proposals and contract negotiations;
- Provide weekly status reports to the project manager
- Assist in user training in a train-the-trainer environment
- Customer expectations met with the project
- Creating, updating, and executing test case scenarios following the methodology of development testing, system testing, and User Acceptance testing
- Assist with the production implementation as needed.
- 5+ years of experience as a systems analyst on successful, enterprise-level information technology projects
- Ability to code in the following environments and/or using the tools:
- Java 8.0 and higher
- J2EE (JSP, EJB)
- Java Frameworks like JSF, Struts, etc
- Oracle 12c and higher,
- MySQL, MS SQL Server 2014 or higher
- Stored procedures, triggers, views, etc.
- JBOSS EAP 7.0 and higher
- Web services 3 SOW 22-23-027
- HTML and CSS
- Ability to model and apply software engineering methods and techniques to the design, definition, development, evaluation, integration, and/or support of IT solutions.
- Ability to work independently or cooperatively with other software developers.
- Ability to function as a technical consultant or researcher
- Performs analysis and troubleshooting of system defects and issues.
- Ability to design quality control and test procedures.
- Ability to apply technical expertise to test system solutions.
- Ability to develop defined procedures to configure, test and debug software.
- Ability to investigate, analyzes, and resolves problems on software products.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision from more senior resources,
- Ability to gather and evaluates client capabilities and needs.
- Assists with services/products/technology solution architecture design and installation.
- Accountable to the assigned Project Manager for all phases of specific projects.
- Ability to assist in the facilitation of meetings and prepare documentation related to the meetings;
- Ability to deliver the project in the agreed schedule, to the correct technical specification (i.e. defined to meet user requirements) within the approved budget and other specified criteria
Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong communication and collaborative skills
- Experience with business analysis and gathering and documenting requirements
- Experience creating test plans, test cases, and performance testing
- Source code management software using CVS and GIT
- Experience in integration of multiple systems or applications
- Experience automating data sharing processes
- Database Design
- Wicket, JSF (or another component-based framework)
- Hibernate (object-relational mapping tools)
- MS Project,
- MS Visio
- Business Analysis
- Eclipse (IDE)
Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business Administration, or another related field
Relevant equivalent work experience above the minimum required
Advanced Systems Design, Inc. is:
- A leading Information Technology provider for Federal, State & Local government agencies.
- A certified minority-owned small business government contractor with capabilities related to Public Health IT, Criminal Justice, Transportation, and Defense.
- A certified service-disabled veteran-owned company with a proud 42-year track record of providing successful innovative solutions for our government customers.
- A drug-free workplace in accordance with the Drug-Free Workplace Act of 1988.
- Applicants who have a signed offer of employment or contractor agreement are subject to:
- the pre-employment testing protocol:
- background investigation
- drug screening
- Are actively working on next-generation technology projects with the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs, CDC, and a wide array of Federal, State, and Local agencies throughout the United States
- Are eligible for wide-ranging benefits and perks, including but not limited to:
- Comprehensive Health Insurance with PPO and HDHP/HSA options
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Short/Long-Term Disability
- Group Life Insurance - Company Paid
- Voluntary Life Insurance
- 401(k) Plan with Employer Match
- Paid Time Off (Vacation/Sick)
- Holiday Pay - Company Paid Federal Holidays
- Tuition Assistance
- Professional Certification Incentive Plan
- Employee Referral Plan
- Technology Exposure
For additional information regarding Advanced Systems Design, please check out our WEBSITE www.asd-web.com/careers for all current job openings.
Advanced Systems Design is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $90,000.00 - $102,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Referral program
- Relocation assistance
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Tallahassee, FL 32311: Reliably commute or willing to relocate with an employer-provided relocation package (Required)
- Systems analysis: 5 years (Required)
- System design: 2 years (Required)
- Java/J2EE/Oracle: 2 years (Required)
Work Location: One location