Job descriptionDo what you love. Love what you do.
At Workday, we help the world’s largest organizations adapt to what’s next by bringing finance, HR, and planning into a single enterprise cloud. We work hard, and we’re serious about what we do. But we like to have fun, too. We put people first, celebrate diversity, drive innovation, and do good in the communities where we live and work. About the Team A Technical Consultant in Data Conversion is a member of Workday’s Global Technical Services organization dedicated to the implementation of our cloud-based software. We help customers make the most of the Workday platform! About the Role Using Workday's rapid deployment method, the Data Conversion Consultant works closely with the customers project team and Workday implementation team to deploy a customer’s various technical requirements. These requirements include migration of data from existing customer systems to Workday's cloud based Human Resources and Financial Management system. The Technical Consultant has knowledge of core design principles, common data modeling and patterns, project implementation methodology, and a successful track record of delivering. About You We are looking for hardworking, creative consultants who are passionate about what they do! You should excel at explaining complex concepts in simple terms and understanding customer procedures. You are curious about how things work and love solving puzzles. We look for team members who will suggest creative and new ways to develop and deliver technical solutions. You should be an innovative self-starter who can drive ideas from concept through implementation. Basic qualification
- 2+ years of experience with data migration, integration development, report building, or software development, OR
- 2+ years of experience with technical consulting, requirements gathering, or solution design, OR
- 2+ years of Human Resource, Payroll, or Financials domain experience
- Participation in minimum of 2 full life cycle software implementations
- Experience taking a leadership role within a software, system, or application implementation.
- Proficient skills with ETL, Microsoft Excel or other data tooling
- Proficient understanding of the complete software implementation lifecycle - including data requirements gathering, dataset migration, data reconciliation, and move to production
- 2+ years of experience coordinating and collaborating with cross organizational partners to define requirements and resolve data issues
- 2+ years of experience mapping, transforming, and loading data from source to target software systems.
- Experience leading a Data Conversion workstream on a software implementation
- Preferred Active Workday Implementer Certification or Workday PRO Certification
- Preferred skills with Workday data conversion technologies such as iLoad, EIB, Advanced Load
- Familiar with but not required, skills working with SQL/MySQL, XML, VBA, Python, stored procedures or GitHub