Technical Support II - East Coast
Founded in 2008, Legends is a premium experiences company with six divisions operating worldwide – Global Planning, Global Sales, Global Partnerships, Hospitality, Global Merchandise, and Global Technology Solutions – offering clients and partners a 360-degree data and analytics fueled service solution platform to elevate their brand and execute their vision. Currently, Legends works with marquee clients across business verticals including professional sports; collegiate; attractions; entertainment; and conventions and leisure. We are the industry leaders in designing, planning and realizing exceptional experiences in sports and entertainment. For more information, visit www.Legends.net and follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram @TheLegendsWay.
This position will be located at 61 Broadway, New York, NY. This office will serve 75 users. Many users based in the office travel extensively and conversely it will be expected to cater to many of Legends visitors and outside guests. Legends provides tours, food and beverage, retail, sales, and other services at nearby locations. They host many sporting events, concerts and corporate activities throughout the year, requiring constant IT diligence to ensure maximum service availability. The locations will bring you into contact with the public, the client’s and Legends staff and visitors, and many other outside guests.
As part of the central Technology Operations Team, this person will report to the Corporate Helpdesk Manager, but partner closely with the local business units they support, and be expected to take daily instruction and requests from them. They are expected to be responsible for three major functions at these locations:
Providing technical support to the Legends personnel that work out of the locations
- Provide specialty POS and technical equipment support for the technical event staff
- Provide system support and technical training to the technical event staff
In addition, as time permits, this role may be asked to provide complimentary support to large events within the venues we operate in.
The hours for this role will largely be pre-event, which is when Legends expects a majority of all maintenance and non-event support to occur. Typically, technology changes will freeze before an event and this individual will then conduct an orderly hand off to the IT event support team. Occasionally, the worked hours may creep into the actual event, depending on the type and needs of each particular event. Further, the role will be expected to provide escalated support to the event team, should standard operating procedures fail.
The person in this position is expected to have technical ownership over all business productivity tools, and will be held accountable for the health of all deployed equipment. They need to be in tune with how technology is leveraged to support the business and the clients we serve. The individual will work closely with local staff and Legends technical support teams to provide service excellence. There will be regular collaboration between this role and the other geographically dispersed technical employees within Legends, along with outside vendors when there is an issue.
Feedback from the person in this role to support continuous improvement initiatives is key. They are expected to find and expeditiously apply solutions to reactive and pro-active challenges as they present themselves. They are responsible for working within our Service Management program, sharing all relevant technology operations challenges and solutions throughout the entire technology team. This will usually be delivered as an initial notification and in most cases, followed up with a well-defined KB article. When issues do arise, this person is expected to keep the user base informed of issues, set clear expectations for how the issue will be addressed and when a resolution can be expected.
Unique to this location will also be the technical show case. The technology will be a blend of current attractions, arenas, stadiums, and POS technologies. This role will be trained in these technologies and then expected to partner with other Legends IT resources and participating vendors to understand its use, to install, support, and even walk clients through its use.
Overall, the candidate in this role is expected to know and show a mature proficiency in at least three technologies; which must include end user devices and system, SaaS solutions and ideally a POS solution. This proficiency will be called upon, and must be demonstrated constantly when performing this role.
This role will be expected to play the lead, when a manager is not on-site, but to know their limitations and when to escalate. Team work is a key attribute in this position.
- Perform tier one and two support on Legends back-office equipment and business productivity tools.
- Support, monitor, test and troubleshoot user and system related hardware and software problems. Escalate as appropriate.
- Works with other team members in the requirements, creation, maintenance and updating of desktop/laptop images and software used for general deployment.
- Manage the hardware, software and technology inventory and reorder levels.
- Maintain a high level of system support and client satisfaction to end-users at all times.
- Receive training, self-educate, and hence support the technology Legends uses to support operations at the facility. Assist or train others on the systems and features.
- Work with 3rd party systems and hardware providers to diagnose and address issues.
- Plan, prepare, and coordinate maintenance windows for updates, upgrades and patches.
- Maintain, clean, repair, upgrade and replace hardware as needed, process RMAs and ensure technology availability is at a maximum.
- Ensure configuration, system feature and site information are appropriately documented.
- Provide timely attention to all locations and Legends Helpdesk requests. Assess the validity of the requests as they arrive, ensure the details within the ticket are complete and that the impact and criticality of the issue is correctly assessed. Does their best to resolve the issue if able. Re-allocate and/or escalate requests as appropriate.
- Pay special attention to time sensitive business requests and makes smart decisions to ensure minimal user/customer impact for their regular workday.
- Perform daily ticket maintenance and management. Follow up on requests and annotate tickets as appropriate with progress and status. Ensure the requestor stays informed.
- Provides basic user account maintenance across all Legends systems.
- Make pragmatic recommendations on system and process enhancements.
- Establish and maintain a thorough knowledge of the organization and technology standards.
- Responsible for communicating, promoting and adhering to IT standards.
- Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, the candidate must be able to perform each essential duty above at the highest levels. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Keyboarding skills and computer proficiency with software knowledge to include MS Office.
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills required.
- Must be detail oriented, organized, service oriented and responsible.
- Strong customer service and presentation skills.
- Able to motivate themselves and a team to work together in the most efficient manner.
- Eagerness to work in a rapidly changing, diverse environment and a willingness to accept ownership and responsibility of the IT they manage to ensure its 24x7 availability.
- Comprehensive knowledge of printers, peripherals and desktops/laptops and PC applications.
- Able to analyze user needs, problem-solving and reach acceptable solutions.
- Able to perform effectively with supervision, either independently or as a team member.
- A practical knowledge of Intranet and Internet Technologies, servers, networking and telephony.
- Good understanding of network troubleshooting including TCP/IP, VLAN’s, and wireless.
- Experience working with managed service providers.
- Able to maintain confidentiality of information and systems.
- Knowledge of security, compliance requirements and practices.
- Must be able to sit, stand, walk or a combination of the three for up to 10 hours a day.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Must be regularly available and willing to work at least 8 hours per day, five days per week, or such other hours per day or hours per week as we determine are necessary or desirable to meet business needs
- Must be available and willing to work such weekends and holidays as we determine are necessary or desirable to meet Legends business needs
- Will be required to carry a cell phone at all times and expected to respond to urgent calls in a timely manner. This may require remote or occasional on-site support.
- BS/BA with 7+ years of relevant work experience preferred; minimum 5 years being IT focused.
- 2+ years of providing IT customer training and mentoring.
- 3+ years of team lead experience.
- 5+ years of experience with supporting users, remote and local, in an environment with more than 100 users.
- 3+ years of application support experience.
- A+ and Net+ certifications strongly desired, Microsoft MCSE preferred.
- ITIL knowledge and certification.
Competitive salary, commensurate with experience, and a generous benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, paid vacation, and 401k plan.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, talk, hear; use hands to finger, and handle controls. The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is required to stand, walk, and stoop. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
Legends is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, or genetic information.
- Bachelors or better in Other
- Microsoft Office(Excel, PPT, Word, Outlook)