Job descriptionCompany Description
Pilot Flying J is the 10th largest privately held company in North America with more than 28,000 team members. As the industry-leading network of travel centers, we have more than 950 retail and fueling locations in 44 states and six Canadian provinces. Our energy and logistics division is a top supplier of fuel, employing one of the largest tanker fleets and providing critical services to oil operations in our nation's busiest basins. Pilot Company supports a growing portfolio of brands with expertise in supply chain and retail operations, logistics and transportation, technology and digital innovation, construction, maintenance, human resources, finance, sales and marketing.
Founded in 1958, we are proud to be family owned and consider our team members to be part of the family. Our founding values, people-first culture and commitment to giving back remains true to us today. Whether we are serving guests, a fellow team member, or a trucking company, we are dedicated fueling people and keeping North America moving.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Pilot Flying J is part of the Pilot Company family of brands that keeps North America's drivers moving, including E-Z Trip, Mr. Fuel, One9 Fuel Stop, Pride, StaMart and Xpress Fuel.
The purpose of this job is to provide support for all store networks and all store primary and secondary wide area network (WAN) connections. This is a 3rd shift in office position.
- Ensure store networks and networked store devices remain on-line 24/7/365; minimize downtime by working with internet service providers (ISPs) to facilitate repairs as quickly as possible
- Plan, evaluate, install, and reconfigure hardware and software elements of network
- Provide ongoing monitoring of network activities
- Isolate and resolve routine network problems and issues
- Collaborate with internal and external service users and providers to resolve network performance and reliability issues
- Facilitate communication between ISPs and local exchange companies (LECs)
- Assist in rolling out projects for Security, Server, and Network teams; support internal projects as needed
- Support distribution level campus network; provide VPN support
- Provide support for campus phones
- Program network equipment
- Create and edit, with oversight, active directory account for new users including employees, contractors, and vendors
- Participate in training provided by Infrastructure Support level II’s
- Model behaviors that support the company’s common purpose; ensure guests and team members are supported at the highest level
- Ensure all activities are in compliance with rules, regulations, policies, and procedures
- Complete other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or equivalent certification required
- Associate degree in computer science or network related field preferred
- Entry level network knowledge
- CCENT, A+, or Network + certifications preferred
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Ability to multitask
- Ability to handle stressful situations
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Demonstrated reliability
- Nation-wide Medical Plan/Dental/Vision
- 401(k) Flexible Spending Accounts
- Adoption Assistance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Weekly Pay
- All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guideline