Job descriptionA great way to start your career in sales and marketing, you will fill a critical position within the sales organization. This position will give you the experience and opportunity to advance in your career.
You will identify potential new territories in high growth, and expansion areas to market for future franchisees seeking to pursue the dream of successful business ownership. You will also be the point position for introducing the new franchisees to the territory and the organization, and merchandising their mobile stores.
You must be able to effectively communicate and encourage shop owners, service managers, etc. to allow Matco to service their location. Your typical week will be one office day with four field days involving surveying open, existing, and new territory routes.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Surveying/mapping of territories for new franchisees and developing territories for future franchisees.
- Meeting with shop owners and managers to determine eligibility for prospective stop.
- Conduct Article “K” review rides of surveyed routes with potential prospects.
- Conduct route introduction and merchandising of mobile store with new franchisees prior to their attendance to classroom training at corporate headquarters.
- Understand the competition and the value selling points of differentiation of the Matco franchise.
- Manage travel expenses including approximately 75% overnight travel.
- Managing weekly schedule of 1 office day and 4 field days.
WHO YOU ARE
- High school diploma or equivalent required; college degree preferred
- Experience working/communicating directly with customers
- Time management/overnight travel expenses
- Acceptable driving record per company policy
- Computer skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Ability to travel 75% of the time, including overnight travel (up to 3 nights per week is possible)
- Driven individual/ability to work on own schedule & meet deadlines
- Ability to multitask
- Tenacity/do what it takes
- Effective time management and personal organization
- Honesty & integrity
- Team building skills
- Communication and presentation skills
- Ability to manage multiple priorities
- Analytical skills
- Ability to think strategically
- Business acumen
Matco Tools is a manufacturer and distributor of quality, professional grade automotive equipment, tools and toolboxes. We offer more than 13,000 products, sold primarily to professional automotive technicians through a network of franchised mobile tool stores. Matco is a franchising company, a distribution company, and a leading supplier of automotive technology solutions employing approximately 600 associates in the United States, Puerto Rico and Canada.
Since 1979, the mission of Matco Tools has been to provide professional mechanics and auto enthusiasts with all the premium tools, storage and equipment they need to get the job done, while also offering best-in-class service and customer support. Our award winning franchise program equips the company's network of nearly 1,800 independent mobile distributors to develop and maintain trust-based relationships with its customers. Ranked among the top 50 in Entrepreneur magazine's 2020 Franchise 500®, the company continues to expand throughout the United States and Canada, adding several hundred mobile stores each year. Matco offers its franchise owners industry-leading training, on-going field support, pre-identified customers, and in-house financing. Those thriving in an innovative, supportive, energized organization where continuous learning is the norm will find themselves well rewarded.
WHO IS VONTIER
Vontier is a $3B global industrial technology company focused on smarter transportation and mobility. Our six operating companies—Gilbarco Veeder-Root, Global Traffic Technologies, Teletrac Navman, Matco Tools, Hennessy Industries, and DRB Systems—are united by a powerful purpose: mobilizing the future to create a better world. Our portfolio of trusted brands includes market-leading expertise in mobility technologies, retail and commercial fueling, fleet management, telematics, vehicle diagnostics and repair, and smart cities. Vontier’s pioneering solutions advance safety, security, efficiency, and sustainability worldwide.
Energized by our shared purpose and values, we have a strong culture shaped by a deep organization-wide commitment to inclusion, diversity, and equity (ID&E) and environmental, social, and governance (ESG). Eight vibrant global employee resource groups serve as powerful focal points for connection, community, and advocacy, and we actively support community causes through Vontier Cares. We offer flexible remote and in-person, open-space work options.