Job descriptionOverview: Improve Learning through Design
Would you like to be a part of the team defining the future of education while keeping pace with the constant evolution of the digital landscape? Come join our ALEKS team (AI driven Adaptive Learning Platform); thrive alongside a talented team of UX, Visual, & Academic designers; and develop creative solutions to challenging problems.
As a UX Designer, you will lead the definition, design, and assist in delivering clean, intuitive UI designs that establish the ALEKS brand via a seamless user experience. An exciting collaboration across content and platform awaits you to reimagine the math learning experience for young students – this is the opportunity you have been waiting for! With an open style of communication, you will foster the flow of ideas and build an engaging learning experience to transform online learning. You will maintain a solid understanding of customer needs, business goals, and converts insights into product requirements and priorities.
What can you expect from the position?
Work with other UX Designers, Academic Designers, and other stakeholders to define new, engaging, interactive content and features for online learning targeted to young students.
- Understand lesson objectives and pedagogy, develop the visual narrative, and build engaging lessons in a production environment.
- Leverage in-depth knowledge of visual design and storytelling to develop innovative solutions to complex problems and render new perspectives on existing solutions.
- Ensure lessons/products/features have the proper scope and usability to achieve business goals.
- Develop lesson flows, visual design layouts, assets (icons, graphics, animations, and typography) and documentation that are coherently integrated with the overall ALEKS student experience and design system.
- Lead lesson development in collaboration with academic designers to achieve learning objectives.
- Work with User Research to conduct usability testing with students and teachers, identifying unmet user needs and iterating design improvements.
What can you bring to the role?
A Degree in Digital Design, Human-Computer Interaction, or related field preferred.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in user interface design; experience designing K-3 educational systems or games is highly desired.
- Visual design skills, including art direction, strong typography, color, layout, and digital or hand drawing abilities. Comfortable generating rough sketches and fully polished deliverables.
- Demonstrated exceptional communication and collaboration skills with designers, non-designers at both the peer and senior level.
- Experience in creating low and high fidelity sketches, wireframes, clickable prototypes, site maps, and design documentation.
- Adept at tailoring the visual design to different audiences and knowledgeable in software usability principles, while keeping up-to-date on current trends and advances in interface and functional design.
- Proficient with visual design and UX wireframe/prototyping software (e.g. Figma, Axure, Sketch, Creative Cloud).
- Strong sense of modern, clean design and aesthetics.
- Adept at writing user interface copy clearly and concisely, tailoring tone to different audiences.
- Must be able to understand a target audience's needs and other motivating factors, and translate them into concepts for compelling interactions and experiences.
The pay range for this position is between 100-120k annually, however, base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. In addition to a full range of medical and/or other benefits, depending on the position offered. This information is provided per the Colorado Equal Pay Act.