Job descriptionJob Information Duties and Responsibilities:
- Reviews newly approved long term disability claims promptly to determine whether claimants may be appropriate candidates for rehabilitation services.
- Reviews any other assigned disability claims to determine whether claimants may be appropriate candidates for rehabilitation services. Monitors and follows up as necessary.
- Refers appropriate candidates to a provider of rehabilitation services to determine whether such services might enable the claimant to return to the workforce.
- Actively manages all active rehabilitation cases to ensure that rehabilitation services are provided in an efficient and cost-effective manner.
- Assists Claims Department personnel with the identification of a claimant’s occupation as needed.
- Provides advice to policyholders on worksite modification as needed.
- Determines which occupations a claimant has the ability to perform based on any applicable restrictions and limitations and/or that claimant’s education, training and experience or as required under the applicable policy.
- Stays abreast of any changes in the applicable laws, regulations, resources, software, etc.
- Monitors and follows up on claims which may not have originally been identified as having rehabilitation potential as appropriate.
- Periodically reports on rehabilitation activities.
- May work with affiliated companies to achieve corporate results.
- Assists in marketing and new product development activities as requested.
- May testify in legal proceedings.
- All other duties as assigned.
Education, Qualifications and Experience:• Related Bachelors Degree required. Masters Degree, preferably in Rehabilitation or a closely related field highly preferred. CRC certification preferred.
- Minimum of four (4) years of experience in the provision of rehabilitation services or in the management of the provision of those services.
- Experience with the processing of insurance claims desirable. Experience with the handling of long term disability claims or integrated disability claims helpful.
- The ability to function with minimal supervision.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Proven ability to work with the following equipment: P.C.(including Word and Excel), telephone, fax machine, calculator.
- Prior experience using an automated claim system desirable.
- Some travel may be required.
Intrested in this job?
All Related Listed jobs
YAI/National Institute for People with Disabilities Manhattan, NY 30+ days ago
Worcester Polytechnic Institute Worcester, MA 01609 14 days ago