General Manager/Operations Excellence Manager
The Logistics General Manager/Operations Excellence Manager is a both people and profit leader and is considered a critical role within Capstone Logistics. Candidate must possess a high level of operational experience and knowledge in Safety, Training, Process management and warehousing operations. Also, candidate will have experience and knowledge of warehouse improvement process, labor management and establishing performance metrics. The Logistics General Manager is accountable for managing and directing all aspects of Operation Excellence which includes the following, maintaining proper labor force to meet operation demands, training and safety of all new and existing associates, all process improvement initiatives while maintaining and updated SOP’s. In addition, the Logistics General Manager is responsible for identifying areas of opportunity, developing strategic plans, and driving targeted results through KPI’s.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES & ACTIVITIES
- Joint responsibility for the P&L.
- Evaluate talent within ILC and provides development opportunities for talent to create a strong, promotable bench.
- Active involvement in talent recruitment, selection and retention of diverse talent.
- Establish detailed goals and appropriate measurement of goals for the ILC that are aligned to distribution strategy.
- Cascade goals to all levels of associates in the ILC.
- Hold team accountable for reaching goals.
- Create detailed financial plans for the ILC that support network business objectives.
- Monitor financial data and business metrics. Involves entire ILC workforce in tracking metrics to achieve goals.
- Partner with cross-functional teams to solve customer challenges.
- Analyze data from multiple sources to make sound decisions.
- Create a culture of learning and development within ILC through training, feedback, and mentoring.
- Inspire a positive environment within the ILC by encouraging two-way communication between management and associates.
- Identify and resolve conflict before escalation is necessary.
- Maintain open-door policy.
- Drive continuous improvement processes in the ILC and greater distribution network.
- Challenge existing processes and experiment with implementing improvements.
· Coordinates functions between shifts, to effectively complete the workload, while providing excellent customer service
· Enforces safety standards to reduce accidents and related expenses resulting from unsafe work practices.
- Performing tasks safely
- Directing employee activity of the assigned area to ensuring area housekeeping requirements are met
- Abiding by all OSHA rules and Capstone Logistics safety practices
- Meeting established procedures and productivity, safety and quality standards
- Communicating both orally and in writing in a clear and concise manner
- Managing assigned area to meet manpower requirements, equipment maintenance, workflow prioritization and daily scheduling.
- Review labor needs based on daily, weekly, and monthly schedules
- Working with all departments, share labor and cross train as required for business needs
- Identifying labor needs, interviewing, monitor employee attendance, counsel, coach and administer corrective actions as necessary
- Directing, supervising, evaluating, training, and developing employees
- Managing employee interaction that includes employee development, one on one coaching, walking through area during assigned shift, conflict resolution among associates, associates group meetings and trainings.
- Ensuring associates have appropriate tools to perform their assigned duties
- Communicating effectively both with management and their team
Relevant Experience, Education, Certification, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Bachelor's degree in Logistics/Supply Chain Management or related business degree preferred.
- A minimum of 10 years’ experience working in a fast-paced distribution center with a high number of SKUs.
- A minimum of 5 years’ leadership or supervisory experience.
- Ability to lead effectively and make decisions quickly.
- Experience managing in customer-focused environments
- Track record of continuous improvement in operational performance.
- Self-motivation and the ability to take ownership.
- Ability to represent the Company’s interests in negotiations with outside professionals and consultants.
- Advanced ability with Microsoft Office Suite, including Excel.
- Requires the analytical ability to handle administrative duties and mental alertness to ensure accurate, safe, and thorough completion of work activities. Possess ability to concentrate and deal with frequent interruptions.
- Ability to manage budgets, execute projects within scope, schedule, and budget.
- Advanced verbal and written communication skills.
- Advanced analytical and problem-solving skills and delegation skills.
- Leadership skills in successfully managing through others. Ability to influence, direct, and guide cross-functional teams.
- Advanced negotiation skills.
- Advanced organization and scheduling skills.
- General knowledge of State and Federal Transportation Regulations.
- Intermediate knowledge of Risk Management concepts.
- Most work is performed under general office conditions in a temperature-controlled environment. During part of the workday the incumbent will be moving about the ILC and potential hazards exist in regard to machinery such as forklifts, pallet jacks, mechanized systems, movement of tractors and trailers, etc.
- Noise levels in all areas are within acceptable tolerance ranges for those specific work areas.
- May sit for long periods of time at a desk or computer terminal.
- Position responsibilities require some travel (up to 5%) during the workweek and occasional weekend travel.
· Warehouse Shift Manager’s
· Facility Maintenance Supervisor
· Production Control Manager’s
· HR/Risk Control Manager
· Training and Safety Supervisor’s
· All associates within the ILC
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Referral program
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- Bonus pay
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Canton, MS 39046: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- How many people have you managed at one time?
- What are your salary expectations?
- Warehouse Management: 3 years (Required)
Work Location: One location