At Stericycle, we deliver solutions and drive innovations that protect the environment, people, and public health. This includes working to create a more sustainable, shared future. Our innovative solutions make a difference in people's lives, communities, and our planet by protecting their health and well-being. Change your career. Change your world. Join Stericycle and help protect health and well-being in a safe, responsible, and sustainable way.
The Shredding Specialist is responsible for receiving, segregating and loading wastepaper into a paper shredder as well as various traditional warehouse support duties. The Shredding Specialist is a member of the local operations team who coordinates the parking of all trucks in preparation for the next day. The Shredding Specialist must be a team player and contribute to a safe and harmonious work environment.
Key Job Activities:
- Unloads shredded paper, media, and product from Shred-it’s trucks at the assigned branch nightly
- Reload trucks with specific equipment needed for the next day’s assignment
- Operates and maintains baling machinery at the branch
- Ensures all paper bales are staged or loaded for shipment as required
- Performs shredding operations in support of Shred-it’s off-site shredding program
- Safeguards plant hardware and equipment by locking and activating security systems
- Operates forklifts and performs preventative maintenance on forklifts as required
- Maintains a clean and safe working area according to Shred-It and NAID standards
- Ensures that all truck compartments and cabs are cleaned nightly in accordance with company guidelines
- Performs weekly, monthly and yearly preventative maintenance on all equipment
- Maintains supplies for plant operations
- Always maintain a responsible approach to all security and safety matters related to the operation of Shred-it following the company’s policies and procedures bringing the manager's attention to any and all areas of concern
- Perform other duties and responsibilities, as assigned
Required Education: in High School or Equivalent
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 1+ Years of experience, preferably in a manufacturing or warehouse environment preferred
- 6+ Months experience as a certified forklift driver and basic maintenance is preferred
- Valid Driver’s License required and a history of good driving records
- Forklift Certification is preferred
- Identifies major activities of, and services provided by, the operations function
- Locates and interprets standard and management reports on plant activities
- Describes characteristics of a well-run manufacturing plant
Certifications and/or Licenses:
Stericycle currently offers its employees the option to participate in a full range of benefits, including a health care program which includes medical, dental, vision and prescription coverage, healthcare and dependent care flexible spending accounts, life and accidental death and dismemberment insurance, an employee assistance program, tuition reimbursement, paid vacation and sick time, a 401(k) plan, and an employee stock purchase plan. Participation in some programs requires that employees be regularly scheduled to work a minimum number of hours and/or to have fulfilled a waiting period after they begin employment with Stericycle.
The above description is meant to provide a summary of the nature and level of work being performed; it should not be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and requirements of the job. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise. Stericycle will consider requests for workplace accommodations for protected physical or mental limitations in accordance with its human resources policies and local laws. To the extent permissible under local law, and consistent with business necessity, Stericycle reserves the right to modify the content formally or informally, either verbally or in writing, at any time with or without advance notice.
It is the policy of Stericycle, as an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, to hire the best qualified people available without regard to race, creed, color, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, age, national origin or ancestry, religion, status with regard to public assistance, order of protection status, disability, or veteran status.