Do you enjoy working with kids?
Do you have any background in fitness (gymnastics, tumbling, cheer, athletics, sports, dance, martial arts or related field)?
If you are energetic, have experience with kids and you are motivated to learn
We will train you on how to coach recreational gymnastics!
Come apply to the Y!
You can choose which location below you would prefer to work:
North County Inland – McGrath Family YMCA
Y would I apply?
- FREE Complete Gym Membership
- FREE Workout Classes
- FREE Pool Access
- Work with Your Friends - Text them the link to this page now!
- Build Your Resume
- Opportunities for Growth
- Community Involvement
- PART TIME Perks
- FREE Family Membership
- Paid Sick Leave
- Paid Professional Development Opportunities
Sound good? (We think so, too!) Here’s what you would do:
- Teach assigned classes, following all lesson plans and rotation schedule
- Prepare creative and fun lesson plans and session outlines prior to each class
- Complete progression chart for each participant in the class and advance participants from one level to next through outlined evaluation procedures
- Maintain a basic knowledge of equipment use and safety checks
- Keep equipment in good condition
- Stay informed about the program specifics such as session dates, prices, classes, days, and times
- Work with the program director to ensure all participants are registered and in the correct class
- Maintain accurate records of class attendance
- Distribute certificates of achievement and program evaluations to class participants
- Maintain quality and safety in all classes, including an instructor to participant ratio of 1:8
- Identify, train, and develop leaders within the group of participants (class assistants)
- Show enthusiasm, leadership, fairness, and fun through coaching style
- Communicate with parents regarding program evaluations and participant progress
- Attend training events and instructor clinics when made available
- Encourage positive social skills and appropriate behavior
“OK, I’m sold!” What do I need to qualify?
- Must be 16 or older
- Previous experience working with children between 3 and 14 years of age preferred
- Previous gymnastics coaching experience a plus
- Previous experience as a teacher in child care, child education, child development is a plus
- Ability to adequately observe participant activities, enforce safety regulations and apply appropriate policies and procedures
- The physical ability to safely spot, lead, demonstrate, and interact in group activities
- Visual and auditory ability to respond to critical incidents and the physical ability to act swiftly in an emergency situation
- CPR/AED and First Aid, must include both Adult & Child/Infant, certified within 30 days of hire and must be from one of the following certifying organizations:
- American Red Cross
- American Heart Association
- American Safety & Health Institute
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: From $15.00 per hour
- Flexible schedule
- Paid time off
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
Work Location: One location